Friday, July 29, 2011

Classroom Application

Although I am not yet in a classroom, I think we all learned some really great projects to translate into the classroom. For one thing I thought the drawing prompts were a wonderful idea, even to use for myself. It is a quick way to think of a subject to draw, which makes drawing a lot easier. If you give the kids 5 of these a week, I think that'd be making them draw 100% more than they would have. It helps with analogies and creative thinking too.

I also thought the blind drawings were great. Not only was it a lot of fun, it was interactive (collaborating) and would get the kids to see and learn to interrupt the world around them (which creates better writing).

I am really glad Lauren was so open and gave us so much room to explore on these projects, rather then being burden by restricts. In the real world there isn't any limitations on your creativity.