Saturday, July 30, 2011

Howling Thing

My peer responce is to Cherish's project book. I absolutly loved the concept behind it, ghost stories/the Howling thing. I thought she had some really wonderful imagery there. I really responded to her approach, I really liked how she approached the depiction of it and didn't just draw a ghostly image.. (though this is beautiful and worth seeing). I really responded to her explaining that it was just about what you think you might have saw and letting your imagination get the best of you. I loved the old photographs and layering on top of them to make them creepier. I liked the more abstract depiction of the Howling Thing, ghostly lines over washed out old photographs. I especially loved the idea with the old civil war soldier.

I feel like there is some much she could do with this. She could build boxes with different layers so as you walked past it the images changes. (Kind of like this.) Or project a picture on the wall and every couple of minutes have like a ghostly streak on the wall.... Really she could probably fill another project book and get a gallery show with this concept.

Great job Cherish!